Friday, July 25, 2008

One Hot Mess

Ok, this is what I mean. Brian and I have a trip planned to Fl he is going on business and me just to relax. First trip since Parker has joined us. The Thursday before we leave little Parker gets sick and starts to run a fever. Yeah for me! This will pass before we leave on Tuesday, I tell myself. Then on Sunday Nikki wakes me up with a "mommy I think I am going to throw up" I reach for her head and she is burning up. YEAH! Ok; it still might be alright just go with it and maybe it will pass quickly.
Hey, it's Tuesday everyone is now well and we are on a plane to FL. Man that first night was hard. All I could think of was my children and how much I miss them. I got over it by Wednesday. Blissful day spent by the pool and beach from 10am to 7pm I had such a great time by myself. Call to check in with the kids and everything is just fine other than a couple of new bruises on Parker's head but we all know how accident prone that child is. Where does he get it from?
Phone rings (oh no) Nikki is sick. She will not eat her dinner and says her throat is hurting. My mother makes her a doctors apt. for the next morning and wants to know how she did on Sunday so she can tell the doctor. Just a virus is what he said. Where do my children get all this stuff. We did not go anywhere for almost a week. What the hay!!!!! Ok, give her some Motrin and Popsicles and she will be fine. All is well.

Thursday evening went by with out any more bad news. It is now Friday and we are sitting at the airport waiting for our flight when the phone rings again. Oh no, it's my mom. How much Motrin do you give Parker. "What?" Mom responds with "well, your grandmother says he had been throwing up all day and now he is running a fever but she did not want to worry you."

AHHHHHH! What is wrong with my kids! We are just ONE HOT MESS!!!!!!!!
So I am here waiting on my flight to get back to my sickly children just so I can be throwing up by Sunday. Isn't motherhood grand!

No comments: